It is your decision to go meatless for a day once a week or adopt a full vegetarian lifestyle. In any case, you have to make sure that your body gets enough protein to stay strong. High protein intake boots metabolism. Protein helps to lose weight.
Cravings are the biggest enemy of diet failure. Eating more protein reduces your hunger and cravings that means less intake of calories. Hence high protein diet leads to weight loss. The protein also helps in prevention of muscle loss.
It is not difficult for vegetarians to meet the recommendations for protein. Normally, all vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds contain some, and often much, protein.
Even if your are vegan, there are various ways to get more protein in your diet:
- Dairy products: milk, cheese, yogurt paneer etc
- Legumes: lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, soyabean, toffu
- Dry fruit: almonds, cashew nets, sunflower seeds, peanuts
- Vegetables: broccoli, spinach, corn, potatoes
- Fruits: guava, avocado, apricot, peaches, kiwi
You are more than welcome to contact Fit Foodies Mantra for your queries.