It is to the extreme credibility of every girl, all around the planet, to withstand the monthly nightmarish painful reminders of our womanhood with a sense of dejected acceptability. Yes, here’s speaking of the unwelcome guests, periods. Truth be told, it’s not the menstrual week routine that’s challenging, but the period pain we have to deal with that’s the star demon of the show. Of course there are medicines to deal with period pains, or ‘stomach/abdomen cramps’, but do we really need to rely on medication every month? Since fitfoodiesmantra is to always STAY HEALTHY, we give you our list of foods that can help ease the period cramps without having to fall for the medicated route! Let your uterus thank you for being healthier in your approach. Here’s how:
- Chocolate- Yes, chocolates are good to ease period cramps! The magnesium content in chocolate alleviates the painful spasms and provides increases energy to the body. Nutritionists recommend dark chocolates as the ideal preference due to their nutritional value. Cocoa contains endorphins and flavonoids that trigger the hormones which result in making you happy and relieved from the period pain.
- Ginger- Call them grandma’s ideal remedy, ginger is miraculous for nth number of bodily problem. Ginger promotes weight loss, eases bloating and even relieves period cramps when you sip on a warm cuppa ginger tea.
- Natural Probiotic Yoghurt- Probiotic yoghurts are rich in good bacteria like lactobacillus which scientifically have been proven to ease period pains and terrible bloating. Indulge in some chilled bowl of probiotic yoghurt, topped with scrapes of dark chocolate as your ideal dessert; during this time.
- Green leafy vegetables- They might not be the things you want to binge on during the bad days, but leafy veggies are rich in magnesium that eases out cramps and spastic pains during periods. Tear a few green vegetable leafs, toss them with some mint salad dressing and garnish with sliced olives for an ideal soul-food salad meal.
- Hummus- Chickpeas are scientifically proven to help hormonal secretions for their high nutritional content in females. Chickpeas and other legumes are oestrogenic, that is, they balance oestrogen content in the body, which is a primary female sex hormone. It allows smooth functioning of the female reproductive system which results in reduced or no stomach cramps at all!
- Salmon- Lean salmons are high in proteins and omega 3 fatty acids which helps fight the nasty period cramps. A warm/cold serving of Salmon will curb your moody-cravings and make you feel full with zero rule of bloating upon consumption.
- Fruits- Fruits like banana, oranges and pineapple are rich in vitamins that kicks out period cramps from the body. A fruit salad with lemon squeeze is what we ideally suggest, but you can always have them in their natural way as well.
- Water- You’ve heard this practically everywhere because water is literally the magical elixir that washes out any toxin out of the body and helps ease out bloating as well as period cramps. A minimum of 3 to 4 liters of water is what nutritionists recommend for daily consumption.
Follow these bijou tricks to bid adieu to period cramps every month and embrace a painless femininity.
Written by – Chandrima Mukhopadhyay